Saturday, December 8, 2007

Meet Etsy Knitter: TABIHATS


Nikki Means is the prolific knitter behind TABIHATS (Toddler And Baby Inc. Hats). She enjoys "bringing to life something beautiful with my hands that started merely as a thought in my mind." She has been creating her unique toddler knits for two years as a hobby. "I began knitting the hats when (I) became a caregiver for my (96 year old) grandmother. She has dementia and many other physical ailments that require 24 hour care." Being a full time caregiver she became housebound and "as a result...(I) developed cabin fever." She soon realized that indulging her creative side brought her great joy and relieved some of the stress. Etsy has become her "personal paradise." She hopes to sell her whimsical pieces to "people who appreciate handmade items created with love." She'd like to remind her fellow Etsy artists to "never stifle (their) creativity; it is a God-given gift." Please check out her shop: http:TABIHATS.etsy.com
For more information on dementia care please check out http://www.dementia-thoughts.blogspot.com/
-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

No comments: