Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Meet Etsy Artist & Painter: canvasworks


The artist behind Canvasworks has been living in her quaint Vermont house for 13 years. "My husband, daughter, and I moved here in search of a quiet life where I could create, paint and sit quietly," she says of her small-town paradise. She finds inspiration in the beautiful surrounding countryside. "Moose, deer, herons, foxes, and turkeys entertain me." She describes her whimsical style as "folk art with a geometric twist." She is drawn to natural, earthy colors such as the historical palette used in her 200 year old home. Although she has been creating since she was a kid, she narrowed her business down to floor cloths and folk art in the last 14 years. "I would love to see my Etsy shop take me to a looser style. I see my Etsy shop full of fun paintings that make people smile, or relax, or a little of both." Please check out her Etsy shop: http://canvasworks.etsy.com/
-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

No comments: