Thursday, December 13, 2007

Meet Etsy Jewelry Artist: MeghanBoyer


Aside from being an extraordinary artist, Meghan Boyer works full time at a non-profit agency for organ and tissue donation in the state of Maryland. Not surprisingly she finds inspiration in peoples' triumphs through tragedy.
Meghan's classic jewelry reflects her love of colors and textures. "I love all things beautiful and delicate, AND I love a big chunky (things) put together correctly." She also admires other artists - and feels very strongly about the handmade movement. "When I sell (one of my pieces) I know that someone out there is wearing something I put so much thought into - and that's kinda cool." She began making jewelry in college when she "was too poor to buy any" and soon realized she could make her own.
Etsy is a hobby and an addiction for Meghan - and right now she hopes to "make enough money on the side to support (her) habbit." She originally joined Etsy on a whim after her sister reccomended she look into it. She had no idea what to expect, but made a sale on her second day. "I flipped! Then came the panic. I had no boxes, shipping supplies, what the heck was I thinking!" She still feels like a rookie (August, 2008 will be her first Etsyversary), but advises everyone to keep creating. "(Etsy) really is an awesome site and there are incredibly talented people on it. If you don't make any money, who cares! Keep making things that make you happy because SOMEONE will be made happy by it, too." Please check out her Etsy shop: http://meghanboyer.etsy.com/
-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

No comments: