Monday, December 3, 2007

Meet Etsy Jewelry Artist: ImageBeads

The artist behind ImageBeads is a Computer Programmer at San Antonio College. She believes "everything happens for a reason and if it’s meant to be, it will be." No matter what her endeavor, she always gives 100%. When making jewelry she is inspired by color and the beads and gems themselves. "Those characteristics dictate what the piece will become." She also says, "Making jewelry is more than just stringing beads together; it’s about bringing out the personality of the gems. I want people to fall in love the jewelry I make, it’s not just an accessory it’s art. Some beads I use in my jewelry have been handcrafted and I assemble them with love. I’d like to believe that the jewels I create are timeless pieces. I don’t want to create something that will be in style for a short time, I want my jewelry to last through generations." While she has only been making jewelry for 3 years, she continues to learn the art of jewelry making. "This month I will be enrolling in some glass fusing classes so that I, too, can learn to create my own lampwork beads." In January she will take a jewelry metal smithing class while also taking college courses to complete her psychology degree. Right now only a quarter of her jewelry is posted on Etsy, but she aims to list the rest while also working full time. She reminds her fellow Etsians "not to give up on your dreams. If you it’s what you want, go out and give it your all!" Please visit her shop: http://imagebeads.etsy.com/

-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

No comments: