Thursday, December 13, 2007

Meet Etsy Bath & Body Artist: AJsCountryCottage

The artist behind AJsCountryCottage finds her inspiration in nature. A simple walk in the country could spark the idea for a new scent. "Somehow the combination of fresh air, nature, exercise, and solitude gets my creative juices flowing," she explains. Her earthy products are fun, yet practical - and wonderfully arommatic. "I don't just want functional; I want my fragrant creations to look nice, to be interesting and colorful, and most of all, to help create a comforting ambience -- a haven of rest in our often busy and stressful world." Ever since she can remember she's been experimenting with all sorts of creative mediums. She poured her first candles when she was 13 and has been working to perfect the technique ever since. She makes all of her soaps from scratch and "loves coming up with new ideas for scents, for color combinations, for textures, and for new techniques that make my soaps not only functional, but aesthetically pleasing as well." Being a creator and an entrepreneur, Etsy is both her job and her hobby. "I create so I can sell; I sell so I can create more. But even if I couldn't have this as my job, I'd still be creating. It's in my genes." She hopes to meet new friends through Etsy and to "find some great handcrafted items for myself and my friends & family." She's worked very hard to establish herself as a trustworthy artisan and seller. "Do your homework and research thoroughly," she advises. "Then practice, practice, and practice some more. Most learning comes through experience. Persevere and be patient. It takes time to make great things and to establish yourself in business; there really are no shortcuts. Be friendly, kind, and helpful to others. Network!" Please visit her shop: http://ajscountrycottage.etsy.com/

-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

No comments: