Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Meet Etsy Artist: tamrasart

Tamra has been an artist all her life, but "was never encouraged in that area." She tries hard to encourage her own kids' abilities and talents - and anyone else who needs a little encouragement. "I have a degree in art therapy, so I have a bit of a bent toward that philosophy," she jokes. Her inspiration comes from the people in her life. "I'm a Jesus follower and I know that no one walks through my front door by accident, be it adult, kid or animal. I look for ways to serve the people God has put in my path, especially through my art." Her style runs the gamet, from realism to impressionism, but she strives to make her commisioned portraits "spot on." Although she mostly focussed on drawing and oil painting in the past, she picked up pastels about three years ago and now has "no desire to use anything else at the moment." She says "they do what colored pencils couldn't do for me." She has some of the best advice I've heard so far for her fellow Etsians: "Have a sign over (your) work table that says 'Make stuff!'" Please check out her shop: http://tamrasart.etsy.com/
-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs
http://dharmadesigns.etsy.com/

No comments: