Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Meet Etsy Artist: JaneDaviesStudios

Jane Davies "is about using color with passion and panache." Talented artist and published craft book author, she has been creating ever since she can remember. "I've been doing it as a full-time job since 1991. I used to be a potter, doing craft shows for a living; then in the early 2000's I transitioned to licensing my artwork to manufacturers," she explains. Her professional career started with ceramic tableware designs, garden decor, and greeting cards - and took off from there. "Now I am focusing more on writing and teaching," she says. "My newest book, Collage Journeys, is doing well and I am excited to teach more in-depth workshops on collage." Etsy has helped her get her art "out into the world" quickly, something licensing her artwork to other companies did not provide. "I miss(ed) the direct to consumer relationship I had as a potter selling at craft shows," she admits. "It is refreshing to have a direct connection with the person who is buying my work." Please check out her shop: http://janedaviesstudios.etsy.com/

-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

No comments: