Thursday, January 29, 2009

Meet Etsy Artist: jmoffett

Etsy is the sole website for painter Jennifer Moffett."I am a professional artist (you get to call yourself that if you sell your work, right)?" she jokes. A busy Mom to a young son - and wife to" a wonderful, supportive, great looking husband," she still manages to find time for her art. She's been at it ever since she can remember, "even since elementary school in the mid-80's when a teacher exclaimed, 'I hope this isn't all you do with your time!'" Oddly enough she was actually encouraged by the statement. "It helped me to see myself the way I should: as an artist," she explains. She attended the Columbus College of Art and Design for 2.5 years before finishing her degree at the Herron School of Art and Design. She graduated in 2006 with a BA in Fine Arts and focused her efforts on illustration work. "I (still) do logo designs, graphic design, illustration work, and crafts as well as painting." While her husband and many other family members are also artists that inspire her, she admits that her sister "is always making something new that I am jealous I didn't come up with myself." Gustav Klimt's style has influenced her work as well. "He's just a huge favorite of mine," she gushes. "The job of being an artist is more fun than I deserve. It feels like a luxury to 'work' on things that other people find pleasing because I would create no matter what." Please check out her shop: http://jmoffett.etsy.com/

-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

No comments: