Saturday, April 5, 2008

Meet Etsy Photographer: organicstills

Natalie grew up in England, but is now living in California with her new husband. "I've been interested in photography for about 4 or 5 years and have been branching out into other crafts (i.e. digital art, knitting, jewelry, collage art etc.) for the last year or so," she explains. "I'm constantly looking to learn something new." Her photographs tend to capture a moment in time, opening a window to her world and her soul. "Being able to share it with others is a wonderful feeling." She enjoys experimenting with new concepts and ideas. "As the name 'Organic Stills' suggests, my photography is organic - I try to keep it natural and unaffected. I don't post-produce my pictures, preferring to show them exactly as they were the moment I took them." She does, however, work on specifically digital art pieces, such as the one above. She hopes Etsy will allow her to share her art with the world. "I love knowing that there are people out there with a photo that I took on their wall and that they get enjoyment from looking at the view through my eyes...I enjoy the fact that Etsy is a forum for the little guy, like me, to have a voice." She advises her fellow Etsy artists to "decide what you really want to get out of the site. Whether you want to make a living out of it, or just want to use it to showcase your hobby, think carefully about the different ways to market yourself and explore those possibilities. Building a business, no matter how small, takes time and dedication, so give yourself a chance to become seen." Please check out her shop: http://organicstills.etsy.com/

-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

1 comment:

Rosebud Collection said...

What a beautiful picture..very interesting.