Thursday, April 10, 2008

Meet Etsy Photographer: jhartphotography

J Hart has been a vegetarian for over 15 years. Aside from photography, she also plays the guitar and used to write poetry, but is currently suffering from writers block. "I'm also mother to a very artistic 8yr old daughter and a 5yr old son who has a great affinity for sports." Her husband recently relocated from Houston to Austin with a new job, but she stayed behind to "sell the house and let the kids finish out the school year." She is often inspired by her feelings, which she feels the need to express through her art. "Self expression is very important to me," she explains. "Sometimes just saying something isn't enough... though most of my images may not be so explanatory in regard to what they mean to me." She's more than fine with that. "I find that most people who admire my work find their own emotional connection. We all desire connection in some form or another. I'm happy to have my images be a conduit whether the connection is with me, or just between the image and the person viewing." Her work tends to have a dark edge to it. "I don't typically do happy, bright, pictures. While I'm very drawn to lighthearted things, all my photos tend to reflect my inner psyche in some way or another. Not that I'm a 'dark' person, but any need for self expression I have does tend to express the darker side." She recommends artists "FOLLOW YOUR BLISS. Do what you love. Be genuine." Please check out her shop: http://jhartphotography.etsy.com/

-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs