Friday, April 11, 2008

Meet Etsy Artist: SankyBlue

I stumbled across this beautiful print of an original oil painting the other day while searching for "sushi." It's absolutely stunning, so I checked out the shop - SankyBlue. To my surprise Nancy Hyer just joined Etsy a few days ago on April first. Her inspiration comes from nature, which is beautifully showcased in her floral works. "William James says it best for me," she explains, "'I am done with great things and big plans, great institutions and big success. I am for those tiny, invisible, loving, human forces that work from individual to individual, creeping through the crannies of the world like so many rootlets, or like the capillary oozing of water, which, if given time, will rend the hardest monuments of pride.'" Eloquent, just like her art. "This quote speaks well to wonderfully inspiring networks such as Etsy, which offer opportunities to share the basic human experience of creativity and possibility." Please check out her shop: http://sankyblue.etsy.com/

-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

No comments: