Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Meet Etsy Artist: PlushBot

When I was a kid my favorite toy in the whole world was a sock monkey I named Gungadina. While perusing Etsy one day I stumbled upon an artist who sells fun prints of my childhood toy in all sorts of wonderful locations...

"Years ago I used to work as a production artist for a magazine, but soon discovered I hated working in an office," admits the quirky talent behind PlushBot. "I quit that job have been making a living as an independent artist ever since. Now I can do whatever I want, whenever I want!" She is often inspired by her surroundings. "Living near Santa Cruz, CA that can anything from the ocean and surfers to the Boardwalk and all the crazy tourists," she explains. "Being an ex-graphic designer I tend towards bold, clean, and colorful imagery," she says of her whimsical prints. Please check out her shop: http://plushbot.etsy.com/
-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs