Saturday, January 12, 2008

Meet Etsy Artist: jenlo262

Jenlo262 lives in the scenic Skagit Valley of Northwest Washington where she takes full advantage of the outdoors hiking and camping. Not surprisingly she is inspired by her natural surroundings. "I enjoy the contradictions of nature to the perceptions of people (e.g. trees that aren't green, skies that aren't blue)." She considers herself "a whimsical, painterly, abstract impressionist." Acrylics are her preferred medium "because I find painting fast helps keep me from over-thinking my painting and enables me to easily layer my colors and keep them bold and vivid while I paint." After a 10 year stint in the tech industry she is proud to now call her art her career. Aside from selling on Etsy Jen is also an avid buyer. "Etsy is a great way to support artists, and my biggest goal is to start making enough to BUY more from other Etsy artists!" She advises her fellow Etsians "keep following your dreams and use your talents to their fullest." Please check out her shop: http://jenlo262.etsy.com/

-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs
http:dharmadesigns.etsy.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for featuring this artist so that I can visit their shop - - wonderful work!

beyondtherockz.com

Dharma Designs said...

My pleasure! :-)

Lorelei Eurto said...

JenLo is amazing! I purchased this print of the two chickadees as soon as I saw this on your site. I love it, it hangs proud in my living room. Thanks for featuring Jennifer, she is one talented gal!

Dharma Designs said...

She is amazing! Glad I could help get her name out there. :-)