Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Meet Etsy Artist: reflectionsoflight

"I've been creating as long as I can remember," Sharilyn admits. "I've always got my fingers into something." Creativity has always been a "need" for her, not just a passion. "Photography is one of my first loves," she explains. "In planning an upcoming trip I am very excited about the photo opportunities I am going to encounter." Although she has worked for years in education, she recently shifted focus to her art, which she aims to make functional as well as aesthetic. Painting ceramics has been the perfect combination for her. An avid hiker and lover of the outdoors, nature often inspires her - as with the beautiful bamboo sushi set. "A country girl at heart, anything in nature is beautiful and appealing and I love to represent a small part of that in what I create." In fact - that is why she named her shop Reflections of Light. "Perhaps I can take a small piece of the beauty of nature and reflect it in something I make." Please check out her shop: http://reflectionsoflight.etsy.com/

-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

No comments: