Friday, March 27, 2009

Meet Etsy Artist: HarryBoardman

As a fellow portrait artist, this next Etsian caught my eye awhile back...


Harry is often inspired by nature and his "fairly immediate surroundings," which includes the rolling hills of Pennsylvania. "I think half of the paintings hanging for sale right now are based on the street we live on," he jokes. With an ever changing variety of styles that runs the gamut of classic to abstract, he admits, "I have the attention span of a child or tiny insect." He says people often mistake his myriad of styles for those of several artists. "To that end, I try to keep specific series going so that there is enough of each style to create a cohesive look," the life long artist explains. "Some of my earliest memories are of making fantastic colorful messes." Eventually, in 2004, he started a business for his fine art and portraits. "Etsy is an interesting creature," he says. "I try to use Etsy as a way to get my work out and be available to a wide audience for an affordable price." When asked if he had advice for his fellow artists, he joked, "I hate to influence and warp people's minds if I can avoid it." He later offered, "I would say to go with your gut and do what you think is right. This community (and it is that) is just as understanding and as weird and awesome as you are." Please check out his shop: http://harryboardman.etsy.com/
-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

No comments: