Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Meet Etsy Artist: Kozue

Originally from Japan, Kozue moved to the US last summer to get married. "When I was a kid, I used to buy monthly girls comics, which Japanese girls love," she admits. "I liked imitating (the) comic books. I guess that's where my recent style comes from." It all started with a fascination with drawing crying girls. "I see beautiful thing in crying girls," she explains. "They are weak. They are strong. They are beautiful." Pencil is her medium of choice - "simple, yet complicated, which shows your feeling, emotion, and each person’s character." She says that the most beautiful thing about drawing is that "you can’t draw a perfect line or circle like (as) computer." She also fell in love with the art and process of carving rubber stamps - merely a month ago. It's hard to believe it's only been several weeks since she began her new foray since her work is so crisp and polished; simple yet emotional like her drawings.Please check out her shop: http://kozue.etsy.com/ and Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/girlsarecrying/

-Wendy Baylis

Dharma Designs

No comments: