Thursday, August 14, 2008

Meet Etsy Jewelry Artist: jensjewelry

"I've certainly come along way since I began over a year ago," Jen admits. A full-time stay at home Mom of 3, she is often exhausted - but always inspired to create her imaginative and classy jewelry designs. Natural colors and textures seem to ignite her creative side - and she always keeps a notebook handy for ideas and sketches. "Sometimes it turns out just like what I imagine and other times, it morphs into something else." she explains. "I often put some things off center because I just love the surprise and think accessories should be fun." Right now Etsy is her hobby since her "first passion and job is raising (her) kids." Of course, like the rest of us, she hopes to turn into more some day. "I'm currently networking to establish jewelry parties instead of having to do craft shows. I like the intimacy of the audience in someone's home and people tend to buy more." Aside from her jewelry, she has also mentored a few new Etsians. "It is all a learning process," she says. "I think we should all learn from each other and use the forums to gain knowledge. It helped me become an international shop and for that I'm so grateful. I pay that forward as much as I can." Please check out her shop: http://jensjewelry.etsy.com/

-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

No comments: