Friday, August 29, 2008

Meet Etsy Glass Artist: panyizsuzsi

Zsuzsi is a Hungarian architect and a talented glass artist. "It is all started in my preschool years," she explains. "My father was a glass industry engineer...he invented and patented a technology for researching glass ingredients." If you gave him a sample he could recreate it for you. She was fascinated with his viscosity tests, where the glass was melted. "It ended up with little amorf glass 'creations.' I used to play with that when I went to his office." She is influenced by her love of modern mid-century era and contemporary art - and her eclectic pieces showcase her unique retro-modern style. "Bold colors and simple, geometric shapes are the trademark for my unique and quality glass pieces." Although she's been interested in glass her whole life, she's only been creating her glass jewelry and pieces for a year and a half. Please check out her shop: http://panyizsuzsi.etsy.com

-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

3 comments:

Sherryl said...

I nominated you and your blog for the 'Brillante Weblog' award. Please make your way to my blog for follow up details.
http://wwwnewdaycrochet.blogspot.com

Sherryl

Dharma Designs said...

THANKS Sherryl!!! I'm honored! :-)

Sherryl said...

You're quite welcome.