Thursday, August 21, 2008

Meet Etsy Jewelry Artist: EricaBapst

Aside from creating her classic jewelry designs, Erica Bapst owns a boutique in the Finger Lakes region of New York State that she's operated for the last four years. She recently discovered Etsy and is excited to open her sales to the rest of the world. "I have been making jewelry for about 9 years now with the start being at Syracuse University where I received my BFA in metalsmithing," she explains. "Since then I was bitten by the bead bug." Her goal is to offer affordable jewelry with style. Her earrings start at $6 and are "the #1 selling item at the store hands down." Modest prices and free gift wrapping make her boutique a favorite stop in town. "My inspirations are my customers as well as the raw materials. Usually one or the other is what prompts the beginning of any jewelry piece I make," she says. "Often it is the custom orders that spawn the greatest ideas because my thoughts become infused with the ideas of others and take me in directions I would have never gone on my own." Please check out her shop: http://ericabapst.etsy.com/

-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

1 comment:

Start To Finish Supplies said...

Great necklace. I could see that being the perfect accent peice to wear to a wedding. Very nice!