Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Meet New Etsy Artist: Katuno

I found another brand-spanking-new Etsy artist by accident. WOW! There are so many talented people here! I'm going to be busy profiling everyone...

Kat is a Hawaiian resident, whose ethnic background is Japanese. Both aspects have an impact on her whimsical art. "I started drawing at a young age and have always been fascinated by crafts," she explains. "My mother was a full time mom, but she also did many types of crafts, which I found amazing and inspirational." She was lucky enough to have parents who supported her interest in art and went on to earn an Art degree in Illustration. She began experimenting with digital mediums 5 years ago and is currently back in school, studying web design. Some of her works are inspired by her love of Japanese anime. "I love the bright colors, large eyes, and cuteness." She admits, "Anything visual can spark an idea in me...but I'm a chameleon when it comes to style, I change when it fits my purpose." She also loves to crochet, "particularly amigurumi." Etsy has provided her with an opportunity to share her work. "I love having people find joy in my art. It really makes me feel as if I am doing something special and that inspires me," she says. "Don't be afraid to showcase your own style." Please check out her shop: http://katuno.com/
-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs
http://dharmadesigns.etsy.com/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Geisha on a vespa scooter? What is cuter than that? Love this feature!