Sunday, June 15, 2008

Meet Etsy Graphic Designer: AllieB

The artist behind AllieB is an American, who moved to Kuwait 11 years ago. She is a busy mom to 4 kids - the youngest of which was born on May 8 of this year. She finds inspiration in the surrounding desert. "The lack of color is my catalyst for creating colorful graphic designs and offering other colorful items in my shop," she explains. In order for her to create her eclectic custom designs, she familiarizes herself with the style of their Etsy shops. "I wait for the items to speak to me (no joke!) and then an idea for a banner pops into my head." She's been doing freelance work for 10 years - and even created a series of Kuwaiti postcards that sell in local souvenir shops. She is also a professional writer for publications in 5 countries: USA, UK, Kuwait, Dubai, and Egypt. "I always have a deadline. My graphic design work helps me to refocus and is a breath of fresh air in my hectic day." She hopes to "enrich (her) life with Etsy friendships and make a few sales along the way." Please check out her shop: http://allieb.etsy.com/

-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

No comments: