Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Meet Etsy Jewelry Artist: Pavoreal

25 year old AngelaHurtado is the amazing talent behind Pavoreal. Born in Peru, she now lives in Costa Rica where she creates her beautiful wirework designs. "I teach fashion and jewelry history at college, so I love to incorporate ideas and color combinations that I find through my research. I also love the colors I can find living in a tropical environment here in Costa Rica," she explains. Originally trained as a graphic designer, she gravitates toward modern, stylized shapes and designs that evoke a simple elegance, which she expertly displays in her bridal pieces on Etsy and her personal website (AzaharTiaras.com). "I'm trying to turn it into my job, but I also like to complement it with some intellectual work, such as teaching and writing, usually on the subjects of fashion, jewelry and their relationship with women through history." Being on the other side of the world than the majority of Etsians, she finds it harder to get her name out there, but I feel her work speaks for itself. Please check out her shop: http://pavoreal.etsy.com/

-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

4 comments:

earth and sun folk said...

wow...she does beautiful work!! very nice write up as well :)

Dharma Designs said...

I wish I had known about Etsy back when I got married. :-)

CarolynArtist said...

Her work is exquisite! I just hearted her, very unique and well balanced wire work!

rtisan said...

STUNNING work!