Saturday, February 14, 2009

Meet Etsy Artist: jPerlmutterArt

Jennifer says she is open to the "NOW" and "this is the motivation that moves my brush or hand." She is also inspired by Dharma realizations. "Relationships and nature with Dharma woven throughout both – those are parts of my inspiration." The dedicated mother of a 6 year old, she also says her child plays a huge part in her art. "Because of the value I place on the importance of being with my son, I don’t paint everyday," she explains. "I sometimes take long breaks – weeks without painting." She admits that she is always thinking about it, though - and often plans out her next series while on hiatus. Her current abstract Buddha series is both mystical and ethereal, capturing a serene mood. She has been painting for 12 years and began by decorating furniture. Please check out her shop: http://jperlmutterart.etsy.com/

-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

No comments: