Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Meet Etsy Artist: gracebaleymosaics

Brooklyn artist Grace Baley has been creating beautiful mosaics for over 12 years. She first fell in love with the art after seeing the tile designs in the NY subway system. She admits it took a lot of trial and error, but eventually she perfected her craft. "I use sheets of stained glass to create my pieces and cut them down to fit the needs of the design," she explains. Her work includes everything from the beautiful Buddha above to landscapes, floral arrangements, and portraits. Aside from being a mosaic artist, she also professionally installs bathroom and kitchen tile. "I work with interior designers to create custom pieces for their clients matching color and design style," she says, which has turned out to be very therapeutic for her. "I become very attached to my pieces when they are finished because they are usually the result of a long enjoyable journey," she admits. "I hope that Etsy will afford me the opportunity to sell my work to an audience that supports and appreciates the emotional connection an artist has to her work." Please check her out: http://gracebaleymosaics.etsy.com/, http://www.gracebaley.com/

-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

No comments: