Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Meet Etsy Clothier: SugarSandwich

Katrina is an incredible seamstress inspired by fabric. "Growing up, all the women in my family were always sewing something, but I was always too impatient to thread a needle," she jokes. "Finally after two children, I am learning." In fact she began her craft when she couldn't find cute clothes for her children. "Today I surprised myself when I came up with the empire shirt dress, my own original design. It feels 'free' in a way to be able to dream up something and then make it." She is a former first grade teacher, but is currently a stay at home Mom, and Etsy has helped her develop her skill while expressing her creative side. "Enjoy the process of creating, and be kind to yourself," she advises. Please check out her shop: http://sugarsandwich.etsy.com/

-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

8 comments:

JerZ said...

Very nice feature!!!! Good work!

Rosebud Collection said...

really nice write up on Katrina..
She does make beautiful things..

Mary Rogers said...

She has a great shop. Very nice blog.

Dharma Designs said...

THANKS! :-)

Cyndie Smith Designs said...

Very nice write up. You always do such good bios!

Unknown said...

Great feature! I will definitely be checking out her shop when I get home, moved & settled. Sure could use some clothes that fit!

Dharma Designs said...

LOL - me too Chucka! :-)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous fabric! Love the Asian influence.