Saturday, March 29, 2008

Meet Etsy Artist & Sculptor: starshinegallery

Aside from being an artist, Patricia Bill owns a small art gallery and antique shop in Southern Ontario, near Niagara Falls. "Of course, being located so near a natural wonder I am inspired by nature," she admits, "particularly animals; they are the center of most of my creations." Her town is surrounded by countryside, so "wildlife is a constant source of amazement and amusement." She also jokes, "I'm inspired by my dog, who is the wildest life around here!" She has always been "absorbed" by one project or another, and continues her craft even while working at her gallery. "Although I have some graphic art training, I am self taught when it comes to acrylic painting, clay sculpture, mixed media sculpture, and occasionally stained glass. My art has a playful and whimsical quality." She is new to Etsy, but enjoys the creative community. "My goal is to find the joy in each day and reflect that in my work," she says. She advises fellow Etsians to "love what you do, do it as well as you possibly can, and enjoy every moment of it." Please check out her shop: http://starshinegallery.etsy.com/

-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

2 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Funny stuff...I like the one of the crow picking the letters out of the mail box.

CSD Faux Finishing said...

How adorable is this picture! That looks like my cat & doing the same thing the two of us would have done late night :)