Monday, March 3, 2008

Meet Etsy Artist: studiololo2

Aside from Etsy, California artist Laurel Gaylord is a muralist, author, and illustrator. She grew up in New England, but relocated in 1993 to be with her husband. "I'm inspired by nature and animals mostly, and kindness," she confesses, which reflects in her contemporary design. Depending on the subject matter and medium, her style ranges from ethereal expressionism to startlingly lifelike representations. She has been a professional freelance artist for 21 years, specializing in trompe l'oeil, and has created countless custom murals. She started on Etsy in hopes of reaching a wider audience. She recommends fellow artists price their wares fairly and "show only your best work at all times. Keep it real and be humble." Please check out her shop: http://studiololo2.etsy.com/

-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

4 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Just caught up with your last 3 features...and checked out their shops. Found a ring that I love....

studio lolo said...

Thanks for the mention (blushing)! I'll post you on my blog as well ;)
~Laurel~

Dharma Designs said...

My pleasure Laurel!

LeaKarts said...

I love that painting! I will have to check out her etsy shop--I could use something so calming to gaze at :)