Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Meet Etsy Lampwork Artist: helensharvest

Helen Simon is a 57 year old homesteader in SW Louisiana. She's a self-admitted "Jesus freak, ex-hippy," who has always been an artist. One of her current obsessions is lampwork beads - and she has created some of the most ingenious and detailed examples I have ever seen. Although the koi is my personal favorite, she prefers make flowers and other natural items such as birds and shells. "God inspires me through His glorious creation," she says, "and through the work He does in folks' lives." Most of her waking hours are spent on her craft - always 60 or more a week. Please check out her shop: http://helensharvest.etsy.com/

-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

3 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

That koi is fantastic. I love Spice Rain, too.

industrialpoppy said...

Wow! What a fantastic find-her work is outstanding!

Unknown said...

Wow, I agree that koi is amazing!