Monday, May 19, 2008

Meet Etsy Artist: GreenGoddessGoods

Jaimee Smith is "your typical (or maybe not so typical) artist, who enjoys living and creating." She describes herself as "an observer and a documentor of everyday occurrences of the world around us." She feels that with modern day technology and every day stress, many people are deprived of nature and tries to incorporate the simple joys of living green into her art. She is "fearless when it comes time to working with new materials and mediums," and her varied subjects always "come as a whim." Currently she specializes in whimsical pet art, Buddhist paintings, belly dance hair adornments, and gardening. "As long as I am creating something with my hands, I am free," she says. "I have been considering giving up a day job and devote more time to Etsy and selling my wares, but will have to plug along the semi-nine to five for a little longer. A wedding is coming my way in October and these things are so darn expensive!" She advises her fellow Etsians to "be true to (yourself) and your craft and buy handmade items." Please check out her shop: http://greengoddessgoods.etsy.com/

-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

No comments: