Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Meet Etsy Artist: DeepCreekStudios

John is a full-time photographer and has been exhibiting fine art prints of his work for over 20 years. He started out as a writer for a newspaper, but was captivated by photography while in college. "When I saw that first B&W print come up in the developer tray I was hooked," he admits. Like many artists, nature's beauty is a huge inspiration to him. He is also interested in architecture - especially rural churches. "I like to imagine the people of a small town coming together to build their church and I find that many of these churches are simple and beautiful, made of wood and made with love," he explains. "I try to show the world as I see it," he says of his craft. Etsy has been a great opportunity for him to reach a wider audience and he is "excited to be a part of that creative community." He advises his fellow artists to "keep to your vision and create work that excites YOU, because that excitement always shows in the work." Please check out his shop: http://deepcreekstudios.etsy.com/

-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

No comments: