Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Meet Etsy Artist: ambaarts

Tarini has been a devotee of the Goddess since high school. "I love Her in Her many forms, but have worshiped Ma Kali for the last 15 years," she explains. "I love to worship Her through painting, puja (traditional Hindu ritualistic worship), and meditation." A 1994 graduate of Laguna college of Art and Design, she admits that watercolors are her favorite medium, although she also enjoys working with clay. Her inspiration comes from the Goddess in her many forms, including nature. "My dreams and spiritual practice inform my art and my art informs my dreams and practice," she says. "I try to immerse myself in the atmosphere/influence of the deity I am painting. " She is also inspired by others who "strive to inspire and uplift through their art and service." Through Etsy she hopes to "bring my (her) and love of the Goddess to people who wouldn’t otherwise see it." Please check out her shop: http://ambaarts.etsy.com/ and blog: http://ambaarts.blogspot.com/

-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

No comments: