Sunday, January 18, 2009

Living the Good Life On A Budget: Montinore Wines


Everyone needs a little drink now and then. Or two. :-) I think Jimmy Buffet may have said it best: "It's 5:00 somewhere." The economy is failing, my hours and pay have been cut, but I still enjoy a good bottle of wine - especially a refreshing Riesling. My recent favorite is Montinore's Riesling Sweet Reserve. Usually it's only $12 a bottle (a virtual steal for such a quality wine), but through the end of January they are having a 30% off sale on white wines purchased through their website or at their winery. Life doesn't get any better than this! It's crisp and refreshing - without being cloyingly sweet. In fact, it has just the right hint of sweetness without being dry. I don't know how they manage it, but it's darn near the best wine I've ever had (and I've had a few). LOL It pairs well with brie, blue cheese, and cambazola - all of which can be found at Trader Joe's for a good price. Please check out their website (http://montinore.com/) or visit them if you're ever in the Forest Grove/Mcminnville area of Oregon.
-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

No comments: