Monday, May 18, 2009

$556.00 and counting...

Well, I cut 14" of my hair (braided) and donations are still rolling in. I've collected $556.00 so far - and while it's just a drop in the bucket, every bit helps. I'm actually liking my shorter hair. It's easier to take care of and a little cooler for the summer, so I've been wearing it down more, which my husband loves. It's been painful raising awareness and funds at work (LONG story), but I know there is something bigger than a few people's egos, so I persisted, going along with my efforts. I beat my goal by $56.00 and am happy to be able to help someone in need. All I can say is that all the pitfalls have been worth it. I'd rather be fired, living in a cardboard box - than win a popularity contest at work and stand idly by when I know I could help. It's a sad day in history when doing the right thing could get you in trouble (or cast you in a bad light), but I guess that says more about the people I work for than it says about me. At any rate, I'm proud of what I did and the money I raised and would do it again in a heartbeat. God bless you, Ramsey! Get well soon!
-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs
http"//dharmadesigns.etsy.com

No comments: