Friday, October 31, 2008

Meet Etsy Artist: annyschoo

Anny (shu hua) grew up in Taiwan, "a beautiful island." Not surprisingly, a lot of her pieces display an Asian flair. She studied sewing in high school and worked as a teacher for 10 years before becoming a stay at home Mom. "I started to make fabric toys for my daughter to play with," she explains. Last year she moved to Colorado with her family, which inspired her to bring her creativity into fruition. "I love to make cute things," she admits, "practical items for homes and my daughter. But I really LOVE making Asian inspired things." She is fascinated with ancient history and folk art. Her Etsy shop is still just a hobby for now, as she's chosen to devote her time to raising her daughter. "I am grateful to have Etsy as a place to expose my handmade ideas and see what that will lead to." She says Etsy is a great place to meet like minded artists and believes everyone should try their hand at making something. "(When) we create something the process and value is just amazing. We make the world beautiful with handmade." Please check out her shop: http://annyschoo.etsy.com/

-Wendy Baylis

Dharma Designs

No comments: