Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Meet Etsy Card Artist: steliedesigns

Stephanie Giesen-Kath is the fresh talent behind Stelie Designs and I was lucky enough to stumble upon her recently while perusing Etsy. I saw her Asian engagement card and fell in love with the classy, contemporary design that still captures a fascinating culture. Aside from her art, she is also a busy stay at home mom to three year old fraternal twins (I'm an identical twin, myself). "There is never a dull moment in our home and it’s only quiet when the kids are sleeping," she says. Not surprisingly, she finds a lot of inspiration in them. Currently she specializes in custom invitations and announcements for all occasions, including weddings and baby showers. "It's important to me to bring simple delights to everyone who receives a handmade card or invitation," she explains. She started making her cards 12 years ago for family and friends and turned her hobby into her job. "I left the corporate retail design world a year ago to spend more time with my kids. Now I have the best of both worlds, kids during the day and creating during the night." She recommends her fellow artists "find a product you love making and believe in, then know it takes time and perseverance." Please check out her shop: http://steliedesigns.etsy.com/

-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs
http://dharmadesigns.etsy.com

No comments: