Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Meet Etsy Artist: williamhessian

William Hessian is inspired by "creativity & living forever." He prefers small scale artwork to larger pieces. "Drawing and painting at a miniature scale is the most rewarding for me," he explains. "I enjoy picking a theme and working diligently within the theme." He has been creating his unique designs since since he was 3 years old, "which makes me a 23 year veteran at age 26." He has turned his passion into his profession, although he "explore(s) many more avenues than simply drawing." He also airbrushes motorcycles, paints larger oil works, and draws graphic novels. "Right now, Etsy is helping me survive my 5 week art tour across America," he jokes. "Everything I create I am selling on Etsy and trying to afford these astronomical gas prices." He recommends fellow artists don't "just wait for people to stumble on your work....Go out and promote your work, hand out business cards, send emails...its the only way to make money." Please check out his shop: http://williamhessian.etsy.com/

-Wendy Baylis
Dharma Designs

2 comments:

Unknown said...

His work made me smile, I love his art titled Crabby. Great feature!

origami fabrege said...

Namaste!!

You have a very intresting blog. Congratulations on your 5 years and I hope you have a wonderful ceremony. XD